Arrhythmology department at Jo Ann Medical Center provides full spectrum of service (diagnostic and treatment) both for adult and pediatric patients. Arrhythmology is one of the most complex sections of Clinical cardiology, due to a variety of arrhythmias. The most important factor in the effectiveness of treatment of the patient is the timely consultation, diagnostic and treatment.
The department is equipped with the most modern equipment including patient’s monitoring systems, defibrillators, electrocardiographs, and also with wide array of medical equipment for the invasive electrophysiological diagnostics and interventional treatment of arrhythmias.
The main activities of the department are the treatment of complex cardiac arrhythmias, as well as combined heart disease – coronary heart disease – congenital and acquired heart disease, complicated by the development of cardiac arrhythmias.
The Center provides the whole spectrum of arrhythmology procedures:
· Electrocardiogram (ECG);
· Ambulatory ECG (Holter) monitoring of the electrical activity of the heart over a more extended time period;
· Cardiac Electrophysiology study;
· Radiofrequency catheter ablation;
· Catheter Cryoablation;
· Permanent pacemaker implantation;
· Permanent His bundle pacing;
· ICD (Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator) implantation;
· CRT (Cardiac Resynchronization Device) implantation;
The Arrythmology department at the Jo Ann Medical Center is headed by Dr. Giorgi Papiashvili – President of Georgian Heart Rhythm Association.