The Department of Thoracic Surgery at the Jo Ann University Hospital performs thoracic surgeries of all types and complexity in neonatal, pediatric and adult patients.
Under the leadership of a thoracic surgeon Ivane Tsuleiskiri, such modern progressive medical technologies, as mini-invasive, thoracoscopic and video-assisted thoracic surgery has been introduced at the Department.
Today, following thoracic surgical procedures are performed at the Thoracic Surgery Department of the Jo Ann University Hospital:
- Congenital tracheal and bronchial stenosis, discrete atresia, surgical treatment with artificial blood circulation support;
- Thoracoscopic surgical interventions on the mediastinum, lungs and pleura, thoracoscopic resection of a lung, partial and complete pleurectomy, thoracoscopic biopsy of the mediastinum and excision of solid formations, plastic surgery of the diaphragm, thoracoscopic pericardio-pleurostomy and other;
- Surgical Treatment of Oncological Diseases in children and adults
- In 2016, Dr. Ivane Tsuleiskiri introduced a mini-invasive thoracoscopic correction of congenital funnel chest (pectus excavatum) deformity at the Jo Ann University Hospital
- Since 2018 interventions designed to reverse the most complex congenital malformation of the trachea – tracheomalacia are performed, and in recent years aortopexy and tracheal back wall plastic with lateralization of the esophagus were introduced at the Jo Ann University Hospital; -
The Jo Ann University Hospital provides diagnosis and treatment of congenital pulmonary vascular diseases - arterio-venous malformations and pulmonary sequestration.